Business Development Manager
Brenntag Nordic is the preferred distribution partner in the pharmaceutical, veterinary and healthcare industries. Brenntag Nordic offers a comprehensive range of products for the formulation of pharmaceuticals and the chemical synthesis of API.
Brenntag Nordic is looking for a Business Development Manager responsible for product management and business development in the Nordic market within Animal Nutrition & Agro.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for product management and support technical sales of the Brenntag Nordic portfolio to customers across the Nordic region including own customer responsibility. Customer responsibility is mainly allocated to Sweden.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Product management within the portfolio of products dedicated to Animal Nutrition- and Agro-industries
- Profit and loss responsibility within designated customers. The position includes focusing on both new customers and sales development on existing already strong customer relationships within the segments.
- Purchase products from a selected and negotiated supplier portfolio
- Coordinate selling through all channels (forecast/budget focus)
- Ensure availability of required product range/portfolio to drive industry strategy
- Manage relations with existing suppliers
- Identify suitable new suppliers
- Fully cooperates with CSR, IAMs, BDM’s and EAMs (and vice versa).
- Takes personal responsibility for successfully closing nominated customer projects.
- Sales- and Business Development Approach: Proactive
- Relation to Brenntag EMEA Animal Nutrition Team
- Manage supplier relationships – existing and new
- Coordinates sales activities for own vendors/products
- Provide deep technical and application expertise where sales colleagues have limited technical background/knowledge
- Own selling effort where required / requested
- Selling scope on products, solutions, services
- Maintain / build product knowledge
- Maintain / build industry knowledge: trends, regulations, unmet needs
- Provide customer feedback to Business Manager and relevant colleagues
- Work with customers on new products and applications
- Provide product-market information to internal stakeholders
- Responsible for Inventory Management
The position will report to the Business Manager Animal Nutrition & Agro.
Experience/Knowledge – Qualifications:
- Strong technical background as well as commercial experience from the Animal Nutrition business area in the Nordic countries.
- Knowledge of the major animal nutrition and agro players in the Nordic and brings an entrepreneurial, persistent sales approach with him/her to Brenntag.
- Independent and self-motivating
- Target oriented, focused and able to prioritize
- Patient and persistent in keeping up good working habits
- Able to handle both short term and long term sales projects
- Able to work independently and at the same time able to handle a large international network – internally as well as externally
- Use to traveling 40-50 days annually, working independently and has strong proven record of building long-term relationships.
ATTRACTIVENESS OF THE COMPANY & POSITION
- An exciting and challenging position where the candidate will secure deliverables on time in high quality
- Visible and influential position
- Favorable opportunities to develop professionally as well as personally
- An international and highly dynamic environment, including collaboration with international colleagues and external partners
- Competitive flexible benefits package
- The candidate should see the vacant position as a motivating challenge – it’s not just the ’next’ job
Interviews will be conducted currently, so please do not hesitate to send your application, and always feel welcome to contact Peter Samuelsen, email@example.com, mobile: +45 4058 0568 at SAM International A/S for further details.